These are the Set 2 Speed Sounds:
ay ee igh ow (as in blow) oo (as in zoo)
oo (as in look) ar or ir ou (as in out) oy
Check if your child can read these sounds.
If your child is learning these sounds, help them to:
- Join in the Set 2 Speed Sounds live lessons each day, Monday to Friday, at 10am. The films are available for 24 hours after the live lesson.
- Practise the sounds they have been taught from the My Sets 2 and 3 Speed Sounds ebook. Click on the title to take you to the ebook. The book has notes for parents.
- Complete the Speed Sounds Practise Sheets for the Speed Sounds they have learnt. They are given below.
- Read the ebooks at Red Ditty level, then Green level, then Purple level, in order. We recommend your child read each ebook 3 times, just as they would at school: once, to read the words correctly; a second time with more fluency; and a third time, using a ‘storyteller’ voice that shows their understanding. Click on the stars below to access the ebooks.
- Practise reading the Speed Sounds speedily with the Set 2 Speed Sounds Slideshow. Click on the title to take you to the slideshow. A parent guide to using the slideshow is given below.